A Product Overview of the Byos Secure Endpoint Edge.
The Byos Secure Endpoint Edge
What is it?
- The Byos Secure Endpoint Edge is a small USB device that has a network security stack running on it (protections from OSI Layers 1-5).
- A user plugs it in, authenticates to the device, shuts off their laptop’s native Wi-Fi card (airplane mode) and connects to the network through the Byos device (running it’s own NAT, DHCP, eDNS, etc.).
- It is plug and play - no software/agent to install on the endpoint, compatible across Win/Mac/Linux, and identifies as an Ethernet Gadget to the endpoint.
- Overarching application: improved security and control of remote users on public and home Wi-Fi.
What does it do? What problem does it solve?
Protecting corporate and BYOD endpoints from untrusted Wi-Fi networks. It solves the problem of device exposure by providing protection from OSI layers 1 to 5, isolating the connected endpoint onto its own protected microsegment of one within the local Wi-Fi network.
Why was it created? What value does it provide?
The product was created to provide Zero Trust Security at the edge. It does so through microsegmentation, cloaking endpoints from all other devices on the network to remove risk of lateral network infections.
Who is it for?
To be given to travelling and Work From Home employees. Also suitable for high value targets, with highly sensitive IP/data protection (government/defense agents, executives, critical engineers, bankers, etc.)
What industries does it serve?
- Financial Services
What endpoints is it used with?
Technical Requirements and Specifications
- Type of Device: Plug-and-Play USB Ethernet Gateway (RNDIS Gadget).
- Port Requirements: USB-C (USB 3.0/3.1 adapters can be used to connect to a USB-A port).
- Power Draw: Under 2W. The Byos Secure Endpoint Edge is powered solely through its male USB-C connector. A female USB-C receptacle is provided for power pass-through.
- OS Requirements: Any OS compatible with USB-OTG (The product has been tested with Windows, OSX, iOS, and Linux operating systems)
- Driver Requirements: None
- Software Requirements: None. A simple app is provided for Windows and MacOS to make the UX easy.
- Manufactured in: Canada & USA
Last updated on May 25, 2022