Managing SL Guests
An overview of SL Guests in the Byos Management Console
What are Secure Lobby Guests?
Secure Lobby Guests are Layer 2 tunnelled connections into the Byos Secure Lobby Overlay, facilitated by OVPN. They are used for temporal remote connections from third party contractors or virtual computing resources into the overlay, where the use of a Secure Edge may not be practical.
Creating a Guest
- Name - this will be the username for the Guest’s OVPN Profile and must be unique per guest.
- Email - this is the email address that the SL Guest Profile will be emailed to.
- Zone Access - These are the Zones the Guest will be given Layer 3 inbound access in the Byos Secure Lobby Overlay
- Expiry - Guests expiry at Midnight on the Date selected.
Once the guest has been created, an email will be sent to the Guest containing the SL Guest OVPN profile. This needs to be uploaded to an OVPN client in order for the Guest to connect to Secure Lobby.
The Guest will now be able to access the Edges inside of the Zones they have permissions to.
Managing Zone Access for Guests.
Guests can be given access to Zones from either the Guests page or the Zones page
- From the Guest Page, you can add or remove connections to various Zones.
- From the Zones Page, you can manage Guest connections of all Zones.
Last updated on October 24, 2023