An overview of the Guest Management page on the Byos Management Console
This Feature is currently in Beta.
The Secure Lobby Guest page is where you can see and edit the Secure Lobby Guest information for your Byos network.
Giving secure and controlled access to the Byos Network for devices that don’t have a Byos Secure Edge connected:
- Servers or workstations
- 3rd Party Contractors
Creating Secure Lobby Guests
To create a Guest, fill out the Create Guests form with the following information:
- Account Expiry Date - when the Guest will expire
- Delete Guest after expiry
An automated email will be sent to the guest with:
- An OVPN configuration file
- A password for turning on the VPN connection
Managing Secure Lobby Guests
On this page you can see a list of Secure Lobby Guests within your Byos network, along with their information. This list includes:
- Email address
- Last Seen - the date the Guest was last seen inside of the Byos Overlay
- Byos IP address - The Guest’s Byos Secure Lobby Overlay IP address
- Last Public IP Address - The Guest’s Last Public IP address
- Expiry - the date at which the Guest expires
- Enabled - if checked, the Guest has access to the Byos Secure Lobby Overlay. If not checked, the Guest has no access.
- Edit the Guest’s information
- Delete the Guest
- Download the Guest’s OVPN file
Connecting to the Byos Network As a Guest
To use this Guest profile, download and launch the OpenVPN Connect app
- Upload the Guest Config File and input the password
- Once confirmed, turn on the connection and you will have access into the Byos network
Note: In order to reach the endpoint inside of the Byos network, you will need to know: 1) the Private IP address of said endpoint, and the port / protocol used to communicate with the endpoint. In addition to this, the Administrator needs to have both 1) the Secure Lobby connection of the appropriate Secure Edge turned on, and 2) the appropriate Routes enabled in Secure Lobby.
Did this answer your question?
Last updated on October 18, 2022